Multiple sliders on the same page with deep linking

stoddardmail

30 Aug, 2012 07:41 PM

I have multiple sliders on the same page and am trying to provide support for deep linking as well as the back and forward buttons (using the "change" option). The problem I'm running into is that when I navigate to a new slide, if one of the other sliders isn't on it's first slide it will reset itself to that position, changing the hash again. Is there any way to prevent the other sliders that were not interacted with from reverting back to their first slides or updating the hash?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 31 Aug, 2012 05:38 PM

Hi,

Unfortunately, currently there is no option to have multiple sliders on one page with deeplinking. I'll add this support with next micro update.

If you need this urgently and you know JS, I can explain how to implement this.

Dmitry

2. 2 Posted by stoddardmail on 31 Aug, 2012 06:02 PM

I do know JS so if you could offer an explanation I'd appreciate it. It is a timely project. Here's a link to the page so you can see what's happening: http://adamstoddard.com/dev/sliders. Deep linking works. It's just having "change" set to true for back/forward support that starts to cause havoc.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 31 Aug, 2012 07:12 PM

Actually, I just fixed it myself.

Please get the latest version of JavaScript file from slider build tool page.

Please tell me if you find any other issues.

Dmitry

4. 4 Posted by stoddardmail on 31 Aug, 2012 07:58 PM

Wow, thank you for making that happen so quickly! It's working great.

5. Dmitry Semenov closed this discussion on 31 Aug, 2012 08:18 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac