This content failed to load

doublejess

19 Sep, 2012 11:21 AM

Hello,

I apologize by advance if I am only missing something simple but I am trying to use the Slider in Lightbox plugin and I can't find out why I am getting an error.

I have in index.html file I believe is calling everything I need to make the plugin work. I made sure all filed called exist. This file is calling simple-slider.html with the following code :
<a class="colorboxSlider openBoxButton" href="simple-slider.html" rel="">Click me to load slider in lightbox</a>
The file simple-slider.html exist and calls itself a few pictures that are found as well.

Though, when I click to load slider in lightbox, I only get a black screen as if it doesn't find the images. When I exit the black screen, I get the error message "This content failed to load".

I am not sure why the template I downloaded includes the following code in the simple-slider.html :

<script type="text/javascript">
  jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
    $('#simple-slider').royalSlider({
      imageScaleMode: 'fill',
      video: {
        autoHideControlNav: true
      }
    });
  });
</script>

but the one online doesn't (view-source:http://dimsemenov.com/plugins/royal-slider/ajax-sliders/simple-slider.html) so maybe it has something to do with it.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks a lot.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 19 Sep, 2012 05:12 PM

Hi,

Are you opening html file directly from file browser? You need to put this code on server (can be local), as browser prevents geting files via ajax directly from file system to prevent security issues.

Dmitry

2. 2 Posted by doublejess on 20 Sep, 2012 08:16 AM

Hi Dmitry,
    Thanks for the quick answer. Problem is solved! I am not quite sure what happened but as you suggested, I changed the way files where called, which made me go over every link once again. It works. Thanks for this plugin, I bought it 2 min after I found it, it's a real time-saver.
    Jessica

3. Dmitry Semenov closed this discussion on 20 Sep, 2012 08:19 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac