RoyalSlider is not a function

bhudson

13 Sep, 2016 07:52 PM

RoyalSlider works fantastic on most of my website. But, something is causing it to fail intermittently on this page: http://www.crescentcommunities.com/Contact.aspx

When it fails I get errors like...
"Cannot read property 'goTo' of undefined" "$(...).royalSlider is not a function"

Allow me to elaborate on "fail intermittently" above. I'd say it fails 90% of the time when you click a right-nav item after the page loads. You can refresh the page and the right nav will work roughly 1 time out of 10.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 14 Sep, 2016 05:24 AM

Hello,

It seems that page that you linked is down.

The error like this can appear if you try to execute slider methods before royalslider.js is loaded. Or if there was an error from some third-party script that blocked the execution of royalslider.js. Try creating a reduced test case.

Dmitry

2. 2 Posted by bhudson on 14 Sep, 2016 12:49 PM

Dmitry:

"It seems that page that you linked is down." Sorry you hit our website during an unforeseen network outage.

I can see that the royalslider.js is loaded in Chrome developer window, and I still get these errors.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 14 Sep, 2016 02:01 PM

First of, you have a JS error from isotope script:

jquery.isotope.min.js:17 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'apply' of undefined

4. 4 Posted by bhudson on 14 Sep, 2016 02:09 PM

I was able to trigger the error you saw (and I will take care of that), but that's an unrelated symptom. You see here I did not get the error you mentioned above, and I still got the royalslider errors.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 14 Sep, 2016 03:55 PM

I'm still getting JS errors from third-party scripts, now I get an error from flexNav component.

Please provide a reduced test case - isolated example that reproduces the problem. Exclude third-party scripts one by one until you find the problem.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac