Royal Slider Size

bgriswold

29 Aug, 2018 10:59 PM

I have looked through the board and played around with the royal slider.css file. I know it should be obvious, but I can not figure out where I am suppose to control the size of the slider. Sorry to be dense about this, but the container wants to stay 660 x 400 px. Any pointers?

here is my test page: https://lambda.gsfc.nasa.gov/royalslider.cfm

1. 1 Posted by bgriswold on 29 Aug, 2018 11:01 PM

2. 2 Posted by bgriswold on 29 Aug, 2018 11:45 PM

OK, making progress. I needed some better "formatting" on my CSS.

Now there is a small black bar at the bottom that needs to go away. I can't seem to find a bit of CSS controlling this. Can you tell me if this is controlable?

Now more questions on Nav arrows outside the slider and VisibleNearby. I will ask in other threads.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 30 Aug, 2018 05:32 AM

4. Dmitry Semenov closed this discussion on 30 Aug, 2018 05:32 AM.

5. bgriswold re-opened this discussion on 30 Aug, 2018 05:29 PM

6. 4 Posted by bgriswold on 30 Aug, 2018 05:29 PM

Thank you very much for the flex box example! I installed it and then tested while making incremental changes to the CSS and the JS Initialization.

But this only seems to work until I link it to the slider_initialization JS. Then it behaves the same. The slider widens when I resize the window, but will not reduce when I make the browser window narrower...

https://lambda.gsfc.nasa.gov/royalslider.cfm

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 30 Aug, 2018 05:46 PM

You're missing overflow:hidden on your #tools > aside, it's not about the slider, it's about parent containers.

8. 6 Posted by bgriswold on 30 Aug, 2018 09:07 PM

Thank you Dimity, you made my day. Thanks for putting up with people like me...

-Britt

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac