Images not shrunk to fit area - Clashes with certain versions of JQuery

tomas.lei

24 May, 2019 01:56 PM

Hi,

I have a page here that uses the RoyalSlider to display images of houses.

https://www.alphaholidaylettings.com/rental/Bodmin/989662

It had been working fine and large photos were shrunk to fit the gallery area when I was using an older version of JQuery (1.7.1) as displayed in the link above.

However, when updating the jquery file to 1.8.0 or any later versions, the images are not resized and full size images are displayed instead, resulting in only part of the image visible in the gallery area. I have already updated to the latest version of Royal Slider. Please advise.
Many thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 24 May, 2019 07:39 PM

Hello,

I'd need a link to test page that doesn't work correctly to tell you what might be wrong.

There are no known issues with jQ 1.8.0, I also just tested a gallery similar to yours and I haven't been able to reproduce the problem.

2. 2 Posted by tomas.lei on 24 May, 2019 08:19 PM

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for your reply. The following test page using jquery 1.9.1, and it demonstrates the issue.

https://www.alphaholidaylettings.com/rental/Bodmin/966830

Please advise, many thanks!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 25 May, 2019 04:32 AM

You're using very old version of the jQuery UI, even though slider does not use it, it slightly modifies jQuery core, which leads to bugs.

Update jQuery UI script.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac