Absolute centering of Caption

dmitriyan

14 Oct, 2012 11:38 PM

Hi Dmitry,

First of all – great product!

I’m using the gallery with thumbs version of the slider and the default caption was not working for me as it goes below the thumbs and I need it to be above them, so I’m using a modified version of the “photoCopy” style. My problem is that I need to have it centred and with auto width so the box around the text stays small at different resolutions, just as it is with the “photoCopy” style, but centred. I’ve tried all the different methods I could find on the net to centre it and it’s still no good. Is there a way to do it? Here is an example: http://www.weddingstationeryideas.co.uk/ronda-spain-wedding-theme/

The other thing is that when a page first loads with the gallery slider you get some pre-render artefacts (screengrab attached), can this be avoided?

Thanks in advance!

Dmitri

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 15 Oct, 2012 06:38 AM

Hi,

Just enable global caption and shift it on top of image via CSS using position:absolute and negative top position.

About second issue please check this - http://help.dimsemenov.com/kb/royalslider-jquery-plugin-issues/slid...

Dmitry

2. 2 Posted by dmitriyan on 15 Oct, 2012 07:17 PM

Hi Dmitry

Thanks for the tip on the loading, I didn’t see it before, sorry.

Regarding the caption, either I don’t understand your instruction or you didn’t understand what I meant, please see the screen grab attached. I’m happy using the “photoCopy” style for “myCaption” instead of the default caption method because it works better for me in this case.

I want to have the “myCaption” in its current place and to be dynamically centred horizontally at different resolutions and the width to depend on the width of the text inside it. Currently it has 30% padding, both right and left and it’s too wide. I’d like the text in each “myCaption” to dictate the width of the box displayed. I hope this makes sense.

Thank you again and regards,

Dmitri

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 17 Oct, 2012 05:56 AM

Sorry, I don't provide support about such modifications. This should help - http://css-tricks.com/centering-in-the-unknown/

Dmitry

4. 4 Posted by dmitriyan on 17 Oct, 2012 03:42 PM

Thanks for the link Dmitry.

It's a shame you don't provide support for something connected to your product. It would have taken you probably 5 min to solve it, while I spent and additional half a day and still can't solve it ;-(

Perhaps in this case I can make this a suggestion for you to develop an alternative style of captioning so it fits my example, would that work? ;-)

Dmitri

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 18 Oct, 2012 07:27 AM

Your question is connected to CSS styling, not slider - that's why no support for it. Simply search StackOverflow for "css center absolute element".

Thank you for suggestion. anyway :)

Dmitry

6. 6 Posted by dmitriyan on 18 Oct, 2012 11:34 AM

Thanks ;-)

7. dmitriyan closed this discussion on 18 Oct, 2012 11:35 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac