Bug report

sclouet

17 Oct, 2012 11:53 PM

Hi Dmitry,

Here are 2 bugs I noticed :
1. On ie8 (32&64bit versions) and ie9 (32&64bit versions) on windows 7 64bit: slides animate only after 4 clics on arrows or 4 keyboard keydown (they move only 4 by 4)
2. Slide gesture problem on Chrome iOS (tested on iPad ios6 and iphone ios5) and Chrome android (tested on samsung galaxy S)

Sebastien

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 18 Oct, 2012 07:06 AM

Hi,

1. I can't repeat this, please send me link to page that isn't working, or it doesn't on demo site?

2. Can't repeat this too just tested on iPad ios5, and iPhone ios6 + galaxy tab.

Dmitry

2. 2 Posted by sclouet on 18 Oct, 2012 11:56 AM

1. On http://dimsemenov.com/plugins/royal-slider/gallery/ with Chrome on ipad or iphone or galaxy phone native browser : when you click on the fullscreen icon then do several slide gestures, the slides don't animate on each gesture... about one time on 5, the slide doesn't move

2. I can't find a demo page which has this bug. I must have a problem in my configuration scripts (www.pepkarsten.com)

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 18 Oct, 2012 12:12 PM

Oh, I thought you mesn it freezes completely on 4th gesture. Slider removes unused slides from DOM, based on numImagesToPreload, and this action makes safari stop receiving all events.

This delay can be reduced only by reducing size of slider images,. If you wait each slide to finish animation, you won't see any delays.

It doesn't work in ie, because you have added only CSS3 easing types and haven't added jQuery functions which IE uses. http://gsgd.co.uk/sandbox/jquery/easing/

Dmitry

4. 4 Posted by sclouet on 18 Oct, 2012 10:03 PM

Thanks for my ie bug fix !

For the Chrome iOS and Android freezing, I can see it on my site even if i wait each slide to finish animation, but not on your demo site... I may have messed somewhere else in my configuration scripts.

Sebastien

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 19 Oct, 2012 07:58 AM

That's weird, because I don't see anything special on iPad2 and galaxy tab on your site. As an option, you may try to remove box-shadow, it's very resource intensive filter.

Dmitry

6. 6 Posted by sclouet on 20 Oct, 2012 09:37 AM

I tried many things (including removing box-shadows).
    When I don't enable deeplinking in rs options, everything works fine.
    It seems that this is the deeplinking that causes animation problems in
    Chrome for iOS.

Sebastien

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 20 Oct, 2012 10:28 AM

I've tried again on iphone and ipad ios5 and still can't repeat this.

Please explain when exactly bug this lag is happening and what's happening after it. Is this happening directly when #hash is changed?

I just updated script that might fix your issue. build tool.

Dmitry

8. 8 Posted by sclouet on 20 Oct, 2012 11:28 AM

This comment was split into a new discussion: Delay during transition on Chrome browser on iOS

On the iOS system browser everything is working perfectly. I only

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac