linking to a particular slide in RS slider that is contained colorbox

plaka999

19 Oct, 2012 04:34 PM

Hi, I'm trying to link text links to a corresponding RS slide that is contained in a colorbox lightbox, using the ajax method. (Example, text links "cat" "dog" "bird" link to pic of each animal in a slider gallery. The slider gallery is full screen and contained in a lightbox).

I've enabled deeplinking, and tried linking directly to the ID, but it doesn't work. What steps do I need to take to make this work? Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 20 Oct, 2012 07:09 AM

Hi,

1. You may use goTo public method to go to specific slide. More info in API section of docs.

2. You may use startSlideId slider option to set starting slide.

3. When you enable deeplinking you can access slide only by adding #fixedpart-SLIDE_INDEX to markup. Element ID won't work. http://dimsemenov.com/plugins/royal-slider/gallery-with-deeplinking/

Dmitry

2. 2 Posted by plaka999 on 21 Oct, 2012 04:44 PM

Hey Dmitry,
    thanks for the quick response, apologies for my poorly written question. I had read the docs before posting question, and decided to try the deeplinking method. I was using the SLIDE_INDEX (not ID, mistake in my question) for the link. I've still not been able to get this working with the colorbox. I've successfully used both the startSlideID and goTo method from the API, and will use one of those. If I decide that deep links are important, I will return to this later. Thanks again!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac