Help!

justinxbates

19 Oct, 2012 06:32 PM

I am really new to webpage making and have used templates to create my site, changing the file locations where I needed to so that the code points to the right part of my server.

However, I am finding it difficult to understand how to create a video slider with RoyalSlider. I have opened the template and see the HTML and CSS all on the same page, which I've never seen before. Am I supposed to leave it all on the same page? or copy and paste the CSS code to a new file and save as .css?

Really, any help you can provide would be great as I am so so lost! lol

I can see the potential and this whole product looks amazing. I know it is my lack of knowledge stopping me using this to is full potential but at the moment I don't know where to start.

Thanks in advance and sorry for sounding so stupid!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 20 Oct, 2012 07:12 AM

All info how to use slider you can find in basic usage section of documentation.

I can help you only with specific issue, post link to page with slider that isn't working and I'll tell you what's wrong.

Dmitry

2. 2 Posted by justinxbates on 20 Oct, 2012 07:58 PM

Thanks Dmitry.

As I say, I know it's my lack of knowlege but with the other templates I've used, I have uploaded the standard index.html file to my server and then edit the various file locations to change the default content to my own. However, with this I am not really sure where to start. At the moment my page looks like this http://all-about-albion.freehostingcloud.com/videos1.html

I have tried the basic usage link you've given me but alas, at the moment it seems I can't get my head around it.

Once again, sorry for being stupid with this, it's no reflection on the product you've made, just my lack of knowledge

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 21 Oct, 2012 05:40 PM

You haven't included CSS files and JS files are in incorrect location.

Dmitry

4. 4 Posted by justinxbates on 21 Oct, 2012 05:57 PM

Thanks Dmity but this is the part I am stuck on.

Where do I put the JS files? I have put the royalslider file into my server.

As for the CSS files, how do I include them?

Thanks again for helping me

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac