ActiveSlide class not carrying over to print

Ava Shije

29 Nov, 2017 08:04 PM

Hi Dmitry,

My royalslider was working fine with a print plugin...but suddenly the formatting changed and I'm not sure why. It seems that the rsActiveSlide class is no longer being carried over into the print content. I installed another print plugin as well, but the rsActiveSlide class is missing from the content when I try to utilize that print button as well. I used to just be able to print the active slide image and its caption, but now all images and captions in the slideshow are printing. Do you know how I can fix this?

Here is a link to a page to inspect: http://test.santafecanyonroad.net/artists/carol-anthony

I was using the printer link next to the right arrow button. The tiny printer link next to the "video" link is the new print plugin I was trying....both don't show .rsActiveSlide when I inspect content after hitting the print button. Thank you so much for your support!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 30 Nov, 2017 07:23 AM

Hello,

Hard to tell, since RoyalSlider didn't update anything related to active slide recently. You should try asking this question to the developer of your print script.

Each WordPress image has a separate attachment page, the bulletproof solution would be to share/printing WordPress attachment page with just one image, instead of relying on JavaScript and sharing the whole gallery.

2. 2 Posted by Ava Shije on 01 Dec, 2017 07:13 PM

Hi Dmitry,

I have found that if I add the class .print-only to the .rsActiveSlide in
    the inspector, I achieve the desired effect. However, I am unable to get
    this to work in my template header or footer:
    jQuery('.rsActiveSlide').addClass('print-only');
    It seems that the .assClass will not be added to any elements below
    .royalSlider. Is there a way to generate this class also when
    .rsActiveSlide is generated?

Thank you!

Ava

3. 3 Posted by Ava Shije on 01 Dec, 2017 09:15 PM

Hi Dmitry,

I was able to solve this issue. Thank you so much for your fabulous support!

Sincerely,

Ava

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac