All slides appear at once

craig

21 Dec, 2017 09:48 PM

We have three testimonials loaded for a client, and all of them appear at once. We're using Royal Slider in a few places on the site, and it works fine with images toward the top of the page, but when handling posts, there are all displayed at once:

https://www.ideallandscapeservices.com/

Suggestions?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 22 Dec, 2017 06:46 AM

Hello,

You have mistakes in HTML markup, for example in this part of code:

<p><div class="et_builder_outer_content" id="et_builder_outer_content">
                    <div class="et_builder_inner_content et_pb_gutters3">
                        <p>Let me start by starting that with the construction of a new house and the multiple times we have heard sub-contractors over commit and underperform you and your guys were a breath of freash air. Neither Michael nor I ever dreamed that what you had promised would ever look this beautiful. We are truly overwhelmed with what you have done to our home. To say is it gorgeous and beautiful is an understatement. We could not be any more pleased.</p>
    <p>Thank you to you and your team of hard working men, we now have a beautiful...</p>
      <div style="text-align:right">Michael & Shawn Davis</div>

You have three opening <div> elements and just one closing (</div>).

2. 2 Posted by craig on 22 Dec, 2017 04:33 PM

Well, I’m no html expert, and I didn’t write any code to insert an error, so it must be another Plug-In or the theme that has a mistake in it. I posted a note to the theme creator and will see if they can help.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 22 Dec, 2017 04:56 PM

How exactly are you generating these testimonials? What is in your slide markup? Try using {{content}} or {{excerpt}} variables http://help.dimsemenov.com/kb/wordpress-royalslider-advanced/wp-lis...

4. 4 Posted by craig on 22 Dec, 2017 05:09 PM

The testimonials are posts. It looks like whoever made up the theme segmented the testimonials out, and then Royal Slider is able to use them as posts.

If the Royal Slider Plug-in isn’t generating the html, then some other code is. Unfortunately, I use WordPress through available user interfaces. I don’t mess with the code in the editor unless someone gives me the specifics about where to copy and paste. I guess I’m probably not the norm, but I can usually get by. Must be one of the recent WordPress updates didn’t react well with something that was modified in the theme.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 22 Dec, 2017 06:05 PM

Please post your slide markup (click on "Edit slide markup" in general options of slider to view it).

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac