Choice between showing slides and not showing slides via ID?

diese.fragmente

29 Mar, 2018 04:27 PM

Hi.
I have embedded RoyalSlider via WPBakery shortcode mapper (visual composer).
All works fine.

But I am looking for an option to ignore and not show a slider/slide when no slider ID is chosen.

At the moment, I am getting this message when I don´t add a slider ID: "[RoyalSlider Error] Incorrect RoyalSlider ID or problem with query."

I want to have the slider embedded and choose if I want to show slides or not, without having to delete the shortcode (which can´t be deleted by the user, the user has only access to enter an ID)

Is this possible at all? Some value like 0 or false that would ignore the slider?

If I chose an empty slider as a workaround I get an error message too: [RoyalSlider Error] Slides are missing.

One option would be to not show the error messages: where would I go to delete them in the code?

Very best wishes, Michael

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 29 Mar, 2018 05:25 PM

Hello,

There is no option to hide the message. You may edit source files (classes/NewRoyalSliderMain.php, method 'frontend_error'), but you'll lose an ability to update the plugin easily. The better way would be to write a custom shortcode that would use slider method get_new_royalslider(YOUR_SIDER_ID) and check its output before echo'ing it.

Dmitry

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac