Update WP version 4.9.7

AHealthyLiving

19 Jul, 2018 05:54 PM

We are getting errors since we updated to WP core 4.9.7. Is there a way to get a RoyalSlider update that is compatible?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 20 Jul, 2018 04:55 AM

Hello,

Please elaborate what exactly errors are you getting (a screenshot would be sufficient) and what version of the RoyalSlider are you using.

Dmitry

2. 2 Posted by AHealthyLiving on 20 Jul, 2018 04:58 PM

I believe our version or RoyalSlider is 2.1. Our developer hard-wired RoyalSlider into our Theme. I do not have much experience with our website. Just got put in the position of managing it. Sorry I don't have a lot of knowledge about it. Iā€™m trying though. :) ļŠ

3. 3 Posted by AHealthyLiving on 24 Jul, 2018 07:17 PM

Did you get my screen shot? I know you're probably busy with other issues too, just making sure you received it. Thanks!

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 25 Jul, 2018 05:18 AM

Hello,

Your email got caught by a spam filter, I apologize for the delay. You're using a very old version of the plugin that is not supported or auto updated, you can always get the latest version from CodeCanyon, from the same account that purchased it initially.

5. 5 Posted by AHealthyLiving on 26 Jul, 2018 04:50 PM

We have gone through so many people here working on this website. Would it work if I created a new account at CodeCanyon and purchased the latest version or Royal Slider? Would it update the one we have hard-wired into our Theme?

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 26 Jul, 2018 06:07 PM

Hard to tell, since I don't know how exactly is it "hard-wired". You'll likely lose existing sliders. I can provide a refund if it won't work for you, feel free to create another issue if you'll have problems with the installation of new version.

7. 7 Posted by AHealthyLiving on 27 Jul, 2018 06:09 PM

I am going to attach the code for you to look over and hopefully you'd be able to tell me if the new version would work. Thanks so much for hanging in there with me!

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 28 Jul, 2018 02:48 AM

It's CSS, it partly controls how slider looks. The new version has a slightly different structure of elements, so if you wish to keep exactly the same look - CSS should be adjusted too.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ā†© Submit the comment

You can use Command āŒ˜ instead of Control ^ on Mac