How use RoyalSlider as website background

Jan Peeters

28 Aug, 2018 03:10 PM

Hi Dmitiry,

I've been a fond user of Myatu's WP Background Manager plugin but it's no longer maintained and giving serious loading issues. I've been looking for days now to find a replacement that has random display of background images and lazy loading (to prevent Google load time penalties). I have not found a up-to-date plugin, all are either not maintained anymore or lack the aforementioned requirements.
Since I've been a user of your great RoyalSlider for a Flickr slider on my website I started wondering if RoyalSlider is able to function as a background images slider? I couldn't find anything in the knowledge base.

Would you know if this is achievable?
My website is https://energiek-leren.nl it's running on Divi.

Thanks, Jan

1. 1 Posted by Jan Peeters on 28 Aug, 2018 03:11 PM

I forgot to mention that it needs to show the images full window.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 28 Aug, 2018 05:00 PM

Hello,

You can embed slider anywhere via shortcode, PHP or widget.

To stretch it to 100% width/height of the window, you'll need some coding knowledge, as implementation depends on a structure of your theme. http://help.dimsemenov.com/kb/royalslider-jquery-plugin-faq/how-str...

Also, in Misc section of slider options disable slider drag and slider touch navigation features, so they do not interfere with browser scroll.

Dmitry

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac