New Royal Slider - Javascript error in Wordpress 5.01

fshequin

17 Dec, 2018 07:24 PM

When I try to add a slide to a new slider I get this error in the backend when trying to add a new slide, this happens when I try to close the add new slide dialog box. When I click on the X in the upper right corner of the add slide box I get a JS error from Wordpress...and it prevents me from adding slides or using your product.

Here is the error message:

Uncaught TypeError: CodeMirror is not a function
http://rey.btcny.net/wp-content/plugins/new-royalslider/lib/backend/royalslider-admin.js?ver=3.3.6 line 101

This happens with both version 3.3.6 (slightly older) and 3.3.9 (latest)

Any help is much appreciated.

Kind Regards, Fred Shequine

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 17 Dec, 2018 07:48 PM

Hello,

Thank you, investigating.

• Did this start happening only after 5.01 update? Previously it worked?
    • Do you get the same issue with no other plugins and a default theme? (you may temporarily deactivate them)
  2. 2 Posted by fshequin on 17 Dec, 2018 09:33 PM

Hi There,

I found the problem.....it was another plugin custom made by me, probably incorrectly.....it was a basic wordpress functionality plugin that contained my custom post types and taxonomies plus another bunch of code called CMB2 for custom meta boxes, so the CMB2 code will not work in a plugin without causing problems with Royal Slider. I can use ACF instead for that functionality.

I had already found your help article on this very topic. So I disabled all plugins and then Royal Slider worked correctly.

Thank you for responding to me....

Kind Regards, Fred Shequine

3. 3 Posted by fshequin on 17 Dec, 2018 09:35 PM

So there doesn't seem to be any relationship to Wordpress 5.0.1....I think this would have happened because of my poorly coded plugin....not sure...but doesn't appear to be my Wordpress version that had anything to do with it.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac