Youtube Video - modifying embed code, %id% - additional variables possible to handover?

tomotello

27 May, 2020 08:29 AM

Modifying the gallery's video embed code for youtube with fixed start and end time as below works perfectly.
But I would like to configure for each video in a gallery different start and end times. Therefore, I need to handover start and end from the individual video as variables to the gallery's embed code like it is done for the %id%.
Is there any chance to arrange this somewhere?

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/%id%?rel=0&start=423&end=443&autoplay=1&showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 27 May, 2020 11:50 AM

Hello,

The slider, unfortunately, doesn't provide a way to store this type of data.

You can partly use title and description fields for that (if they aren't used for anything else) and then parse them via JS on frontend, but it's quite ugly solution.

Another option is to get non-wordpress version of the slider, code your own admin interface and generate markup manually, with plugins like ACF.

2. 2 Posted by tomotello on 01 Jun, 2020 04:26 PM

Hi Dimitry

Thanks a lot for your fast answer! I'll try the approach with the
    non-wordpress version.
    Best regards, Thomas

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac