WordPress 5.5 Compatibility

demitri

12 Aug, 2020 04:02 PM

I updated to WordPress 5.5, and my Posts Slider started displaying the incorrect categories on resave. I noticed when I opened the slider there were no categories checked and all the options in the right column have some visual anomalies but function.

I am using the most recent version of the plugin.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 12 Aug, 2020 07:47 PM

Hello,

I'm unable to reproduce the issue on my side - categories and other taxonomies seem to display correctly, and there are no styling issues in option sidebar.

Are you 100% sure that you're using the latest version of the plugin? You can take a look on Plugins page (3.4.0 is the current one).

Also, possibly, some other plugin or theme is causing the styling problem after an update. Try to temporarily deactivate other plugins.

2. 2 Posted by guidotramontano on 16 Aug, 2020 04:22 PM

I also have the same issue after upgrading to WP. Cannot access general options just like screenshot above. Any update on the issue?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 16 Aug, 2020 04:55 PM

@guidotramontano, can you please open a separate private discussion and provide temporary admin access?

4. 4 Posted by manieroo on 21 Aug, 2020 07:25 AM

I have same issue too.. So I deleted plugin and installed it again. My slides gone and now i cant add new slide. Add new slide button dont work. It doesnt open "choose the type of slide" popup. I am waiting for a fix.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 21 Aug, 2020 10:59 AM

@manieroo, the fix for visual UI issue in admin area was already released https://dimsemenov.com/plugins/royal-slider/wp-update

If you're having some issues even after the update - most likely one of your other plugins or theme itself has an error that blocks execution. There was jQuery update in WP 5.5 which broke many old plugins, this can help with it https://wordpress.org/plugins/enable-jquery-migrate-helper/

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2020-08-12_at_12.01.38_PM.png 60.6 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac