How to embed video from my wordpress media

GM

30 Jun, 2022 09:57 PM

I just purchased royalslider for wordpress. I have some videos that I would like to have appear as part of my slider.

The videos are in my media folder.

While I can "link" to the videos so that when I click on a slide the video will start, it opens in the same window and if I click back I start at the beginning of the slides.

I would like to be able to:
1 - click on a slide and have the video open in a new window
and
2 - click on a slide and have the video start "embeded" in the slider (like your youtube embed works)
and
3 - maybe allow wp stored videos to be selected directly, just like you have for youtube and vimeo

1. 1 Posted by GM on 30 Jun, 2022 10:19 PM

PS - I tried adding the code to functions.php and putting the url in the video url and while it does show the "play" button, it does not play and now all of the royalsliders on the rest of my pages are just black!

BTW I'm using the Astra theme - help!

I really like royalslider, but I really need to be able to add my own videos that are NOT on youtube or vimeo!

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Dmytro Semenov on 01 Jul, 2022 04:35 PM

Hi,

The plugin supports only YouTube or Vimeo videos out of the box. However, you may use
    "HTML content" tab of Edit Slide dialog and paste your video code there.

Alternatively, you may use a PHP filter https://gist.github.com/dimsemenov/5166b4e1dd9f0794a1d6be1d607dc11c . Add the code to your theme functions.php. It makes slider use HTML5 <video> tag. To use it - paste a video URL and upload a video cover image (in Edit Slide dialog).

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac