Video in Firefox support

kenneth

10 Apr, 2017 09:37 AM

Hi,

I found a bug in the following scenario:

Using: Royalslider 9.5.8, jQuery 3.2.1, Firefox 52

I have a slider with an included YouTube video and the problem is that sliding does not work at all including thumbnails, arrows, dragging. I found that you have an undocumented property for video called: disableCSS3inFF that is turned on by default. I found that turning this OFF will actually solve the sliding issue. I suspect that CSS3 support has been fixed in later versions of FF.

I suggest that the default value for disableCSS3inFF is true or that the property is removed.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 10 Apr, 2017 02:03 PM

Hello,

Hm, I can't replicate on my side for some reason. Mac or Windows?

Can you please link to the page that reproduces the problem? I've made the discussion private.

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by kenneth on 10 Apr, 2017 02:05 PM

This was on Windows. The problem was found in a production environment and is now fixed by setting disableCSS3inFF to false so its not publicly visible anymore unfortunately.

Could you at least document the disableCSS3inFF flag for future reference?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 10 Apr, 2017 02:30 PM

Can you replicate the issue on this page - http://jsfiddle.net/DmitrySemenov/5rjn827r/ ?

Could you at least document the disableCSS3inFF flag for future reference?

It's not available in public list of options for a reason - the option might be deprecated in future. And I strongly don't recommend to blindly disable it if you have videos in slides, as older versions of FF (including mobile FF on Android) still have this bug. Unless, of course, you support only the latest FF...

4. 4 Posted by kenneth on 11 Apr, 2017 06:19 AM

Yes, i replicated the issue by adding jQuery 3.2.1 and jQuery migrate 3 to the fiddle:

http://jsfiddle.net/5rjn827r/1/

In my case i realy need to support the lastest FF. It is bad if it fails in older FF but its still more important to support the lastest than the older versions.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 11 Apr, 2017 11:58 AM

Hm, interesting, so the issue seems to be related to jquery-migrate 1.3.0.

I tried using a newer version of jquery-migrate (1.4.1) and it seems to work http://jsfiddle.net/5rjn827r/2/ , can you confirm?

6. 6 Posted by kenneth on 11 Apr, 2017 12:12 PM

No, i was using jquery-migrate-3.0.0.js which is compatible with jQuery 3.0+

jquery-migrate-1.3.0.js and 1.4.1 is used with the jQuery 1.xx branch

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac