Tickertape functionality

royalslider

27 Nov, 2018 01:36 PM

I am building a "webring", a thin bar on top of the site with lots of links that do not fit on screen, let alone on mobile. I am looking for a ticker tape functionality and would like to see if this is possible with Royal Slider since it tackles a lot of issues already I otherwise have to script myself or find libraries for. In short the "gallery" should do the following:

1 Have multiple slides on screen, slides should keep their own width and they should show as many as fit, the last one sticking out of the right hand side of your screen and be cut off.
2 The tape should slowly scroll continuously, exiting the first link and bringing in more links from the right (the ticker tape effect)
3 The "slides" or in this case links should wrap so that the first one comes after the last and vice versa so the whole thing loops indefinitely.
4 The tape should be able to respond to touch gestures such as swiping and tapping.
5 The tape should be able to scroll backwards if you swiped to the left, reversing the entire process.

Points 3 and 4 are easily covered by RS but I cannot find proof that it can incorporate the other points. Point 1 is the most important, the nearby functions just won't cut it here.

Please let me know if this is possible and if there is an example, otherwise I think I will write something myself.

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 27 Nov, 2018 02:11 PM

The plugin is not designed for such continuously-scrolling type of component.

You kinda can use nearby slides functionality to show multiple slides at once as described here http://help.dimsemenov.com/discussions/problems/4068-visiblenearby-... , But I wouldn't recommend.

Consider using simple overflow-x:scroll element and animate its scrollLeft. It will have native touch support, however continuous loop might be tough to achieve.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac