User roles. Allowing "Editors" to access the plugin

jesse

21 Feb, 2013 03:20 PM

I was wondering if there is a way to allow "Editors" to access the Royalslider plugin in Wordpress. As of now only "Administrators" can access the plugin. We have multiple users for our site with varying degrees of dashboard access and would like "Editors" to be able to make changes to the slideshows. Any suggestions? Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 21 Feb, 2013 08:50 PM

Hello,

There is an option for this in RoyalSlider global settings.

Dmitry

2. 2 Posted by jesse on 21 Feb, 2013 09:10 PM

Ah, so I realize this is a feature in the new version of Royal Slider. I am still using the old version of RS. I can't transition to the new version immediately due to the amount content we have in the old version of RS and because content can be retained when upgrading. Sorry I didn't specify this. This is partly the reason I wanted editors to have access to both version of RS so they can make these updates. I didn't know if there was any way to change access in the old version.

Thanks,
    Jesse

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 21 Feb, 2013 09:53 PM

Go to RoyalSliderAdmin.php and replace all strings manage_options to edit_posts.

Dmitry

4. 4 Posted by jesse on 21 Feb, 2013 10:03 PM

Perfect!!! Works perfectly! Thanks again!

Jesse

5. 5 Posted by brooke on 03 Jun, 2013 07:32 PM

Hi Dmitry,

Not sure if it's better to open up a new ticket or to reply to this one but you mentioned:
    "There is an option for this in RoyalSlider global settings."

I'm not seeing this, am I missing something?

Thanks,
    Brooke

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 03 Jun, 2013 08:40 PM

Hi,

Please take a look at attachment. If you see something different on your side, then you probably should update the plugin.

Dmitry

7. 7 Posted by brooke on 03 Jun, 2013 10:06 PM

Dmitry see it now thanks!

Have you thought about going to a capability (role) based system? This would allow for custom roles and allow for more flexability. Something like gravity forms.

Ideally it would be great to be able to set roles for "manage_slide" "edit_slides" "delete_slide" or whatnot.

Or easy just two roles instead of "manage options" maybe "manage slides" and "edit slide settings" The would allow me to let certian users and roles edit slides without other options.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 03 Jun, 2013 10:20 PM

Maybe in future, thank you for suggestion.

9. 9 Posted by Rani on 23 Apr, 2017 12:19 PM

Hi
    Is there an option to allow new user role (other than editor) to edit the slides?
    I have a user role that needs permission to edit specific post_type and its slides.
    Thanks
    Rani

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 23 Apr, 2017 03:12 PM

@Rani, unfortunately, there is no such option. Consider overriding default WordPress [gallery] with the RoyalSlider, this way editors won't have to visit slider admin page at all http://help.dimsemenov.com/kb/wordpress-royalslider-tutorials/wp-cr...

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac