Can you remove slides with specific alt text, class or ID?

centinel3

18 Nov, 2012 02:59 AM

I have been working with the API and am not able to successfully target specific slides to be removed. Ideally I would like to target the alt text of specific slides, though if not possible, would it be possible to target a specific class of ID? What I'm looking to do is if the user triggers the right slider combination it removes those slides and new slides transition in. Originally I tried to add a class to 'display:none' and it worked, though keeps the slider instance and doesn't show an image. I see that there is a way to remove slides dynamically and have had limited success.

I have been using the code below and it works when I target the index of the image though it seems to only work with the number 1. I change the value to 2 and nothing happens. I looked around to see if I could find out how the images are being indexed as perhaps I was using the wrong values and didn't see a way to identify that. I also tried adjusting the code for replacing all slides with no success (to preface that, I got it to work, though was not able to make it work the way I need it to).

$("#top-right").data('royalSlider').removeSlide(1);

My dev site is here: http://beingproperties.com/match-game/ (if the top right section loads the star part first, then you make the heart match it performs as I would like it to.)

Thank you in advance for any guidance on this an would be more than happy to send you some beer money for your time. -Chris

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dmytro Semenov on 18 Nov, 2012 12:59 PM

Hi,

There is slides public property(array). It holds list of all slides with parsed data of each. Log it into console to see what's inside.

jQuery('.royalSlider').data('royalSlider').slides

You may loop through it to target specific slide, based on slide parameter that you need.

Dmitry

2. 2 Posted by centinel3 on 04 Dec, 2012 02:42 AM

That is perfect! Thanks man!

3. centinel3 closed this discussion on 04 Dec, 2012 02:42 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac