mobile resizing

dmarkgunter

21 Nov, 2012 08:31 PM

I purchased this for usage on mobile site - but I need to know how to tweak this so that it dynamically changes size to fit viewport when tilting iphone for instance. On mobile device, check [url removed]

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dmytro Semenov on 22 Nov, 2012 08:09 PM

Hi,

All you need is to put slider in fluid container, set its CSS width to 100% and enable autoScaleSlider option with ratio that you need.

http://dimsemenov.com/plugins/royal-slider/documentation/#options
    http://help.dimsemenov.com/kb/royalslider-jquery-plugin-faq/how-to-...

Dmitry

2. 2 Posted by nela2 on 29 Nov, 2012 04:47 PM

Is it possible to hide the image all together for mobile slide (or for certain screen sizes) but not request the image (its a rather large image used for the larger screens and don't want to request it for the smaller devices).
    Thank you

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dmytro Semenov on 29 Nov, 2012 10:39 PM

There is no built in method for this, but you may modify slider markup via jQuery to fit your needs, before initialization.

Dmitry

4. 4 Posted by nela2 on 03 Dec, 2012 08:42 PM

Also, I got the full-width slider to work but when I tested on the smart phone (android), four images that I am using are vertically displayed (one after another) and the Tab menu disappeared. I then checked on your site, your template is doing the same thing on my phone. I was expecting images to work the same on the mobile, with the Tab menu showing, allowing the user to select the slide (all slides in one container as intended for larger screens)?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Dmytro Semenov on 04 Dec, 2012 07:36 AM

What Adnroid version are you using? Can you repeat issue on any of examples online? ( http://dimsemenov.com/plugins/royal-slider/ )? Can you send me link to page with issue?

Dmitry

6. 6 Posted by nela2 on 04 Dec, 2012 03:01 PM

Android 2.1 OS. I know its a little old, but that's the latest for my phone :(. I did see the same issue on the online example, all slides are displayed vertically, one on top of the other.
    I also tested on iPhone 6.0 and my work seems to work properly there. I still have adjustments to make (design tweaks).

I am attaching my work folder here for you to take a look since I don't have the link to post my files for you to see. I appreciate your quick responses.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Dmytro Semenov on 05 Dec, 2012 07:17 PM

Thank you, I'll test this, I currently have only 2.0 and 2.3 Android, both work, so I'll find 2.1 and let you know if I'll find some issues in it.

Dmitry

8. 8 Posted by nela2 on 06 Dec, 2012 04:07 AM

I just found out that my work will support Android 2.3 and higher. So, no need to test it 2.1 Dmitry. Thank you again.

9. 9 Posted by Erik on 27 Dec, 2012 03:58 PM

Im also running Android 2.1 and having the same problem. Is there any solution for this?

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Dmytro Semenov on 28 Dec, 2012 01:34 PM

@Erik thank you for bug reporting.

I've found and tested RoyalSlider demos on Android 2.1 and it works correctly, so I thought it was one-time issue. Can you repeat the problem for example on this slider http://dimsemenov.com/plugins/royal-slider/ ?

Thank you,
    Dmitry

11. 11 Posted by Erik on 30 Dec, 2012 11:41 PM

Yes it works fine now! Must have been something freaky when testing it.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac