My slider content area shrinks and need help in displaying captions

kaleem

04 Dec, 2012 10:21 PM

Hi Dmitry,

For my project page I have used 2 similar sliders (slider with thumbnails) - the slider is shown when the button "View progress on site" is clicked.

When the other slider appears - the slider content area shrinks (the slider size is dynamic: (after resizing browser window layout looks correct, so this is the issue)

Please view the page at: http://www.idrata.co/Details.html

Please help me solve the following problems:

1) Slider content area shrinks when displaying the hidden slider (displayed on clicking "View progress on site") - please show me where to apply the updateSliderSize() in my page

2) The captions appear in the second slider and not in the first slider - captions should appear for each slider in their their own div container (div class='caption' and 'caption2') - please show me how to correct my page.

NOTE: I am a novice user so please let me know exactly where to adjust the coding so i can do the same in my Rapidweaver software.

Will greatly appreciate your support,

Regrards

Kaleem

1. 1 Posted by kaleem on 05 Dec, 2012 04:07 PM

Hi, did you manage to solve this slider problem ?

2. 2 Posted by kaleem on 06 Dec, 2012 07:29 AM

Have not had a response - did you manage to solve the issue?

Kaleem

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dmytro Semenov on 06 Dec, 2012 02:44 PM

Hi,

1. jQuery('.royalSlider')..royalSlider('updateSliderSize', true) method should be called after your slider is displayed.

2. Caption is not displayed on first slide, because you're removing it and puting in second container. $('.rsGCaption') - css selector will select all elements with class rsGCaption, including first and second slider.

This is complex modification, if you are not experienced in web development - hire someone and he/she will configure everything for you.

Dmitry

4. 4 Posted by kaleem on 06 Dec, 2012 05:16 PM

Hi Dmitry

Yes I am using Will Woodgate (of theme forrest) to configure everything - but we couldn't get it to work

Regarding the caption what css selector can we use for the fist and the second slider so that we can appendTo respective container

Kaleem

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Dmytro Semenov on 07 Dec, 2012 10:43 AM

FIrst gallery caption:

$('#gallery-1 .rsGCaption')

Second gallery caption:

$('#gallery-2 .rsGCaption')

And when you do this: $('#gallery-1, #gallery-2').royalSlider({ ... you initialize two sliders, you don't need to initialize second one again.

Dmitry

6. 6 Posted by kaleem on 11 Dec, 2012 06:36 AM

Hi Dmitry

We have solved the captions - each is appearing in its own area - thanks.

However - the slider still appears incorrectly shrinked even after applying `jQuery('.royalSlider')..royalSlider('updateSliderSize', true)` method. especially when the window is resized - if you resize the window the slider appears correctly.

Is there a way of refreshing the slider after the displaying the hidden content.

I am using Will woodgate of theme flood to help me set the slider (who charges by the hour) - but we are unable to do it.

I have spent over $250 but can't get the second slider to appear without shrinking - can you help?

Regards

Kaleem

7. 7 Posted by kaleem on 11 Dec, 2012 07:01 AM

you can view the updated slider page at: http://www.idrata.co/Details.html

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Dmytro Semenov on 11 Dec, 2012 07:44 PM

I'm sorry, I don't take any custom projects for now.

Your link returns 404 error for me.
    About your home page slider:

• There should be only one jquery.js on page
    • If all your slides have same height, it's better to disable autoHeight option.

Dmitry

9. 9 Posted by kaleem on 12 Dec, 2012 05:58 AM

Hi Dmitry,

Sorry for the 404 error

you can access the page at:

http://www.idrata.co/Test/Details.html

Can you please check and let us know why the slider is not woking and what we need to do

Regards

Kaleem

10. 10 Posted by kaleem on 14 Dec, 2012 09:01 AM

Hi Dmitry,

Did you manage to have a look at the site. I will really appreciate if you can help me resolve this problem.

Can you please check and let us know why the slider is not woking and what we need to do

Regards

Kaleem

11. 11 Posted by kaleem on 19 Dec, 2012 09:02 AM

Hi Dmitry,

Did you manage to have a look at the site. I will really appreciate if you can help me resolve this problem.

Regards

Kaleem

12. 12 Posted by kaleem on 19 Dec, 2012 09:24 AM

PLEASE HELP ME

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac