Welcome Screen instead of slide #1

victor.reyem

06 Dec, 2012 05:30 PM

I am using royalSlider together with the thumbnails submodule. However, when the page loads and the slider inits, the first slide shows. This is fine for most cases I guess. But not for my case.

I want to show only the thumbnails at first, so they get to choose which image to show at first. How do I best solve this? A few versions back there were an option called welcomeScreenEnabled.

Thanks in advance /Victor

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dmytro Semenov on 07 Dec, 2012 10:36 AM

Hi,

I don't really understand what you want to have inside of your "welcome screen". Just append div to slider element after initialization and stretch and overlay it on top of slide area. Then hide if after first user action with slider.

If you provide me more info, I might help more.

Dmitry

2. 2 Posted by victor.reyem on 07 Dec, 2012 10:40 AM

Hi Dmitry, actually I just want the grid at first. And not to show the first slide. I was wondering if there was any built in way to achieve this. Here is a print for what I want to achieve: http://pudge.se/cbfY

If you look at the picture you can see that the first thumb is black. The first slide is actually just empty, cause that was the only way to "only show the grid". But I do not want the first thumbnail to show.

My question: What's the smartes way to achieve this?

Thanks man.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dmytro Semenov on 07 Dec, 2012 11:30 AM

I still don't get how your slider looks like. Your picure doesn't help much )

If you wish to remove first thumbnail and keep first slide, so unfortunately, there is no option to do this without modifying JS code of thumbnails module.

As an option you try to simply remove first thumbnail via jQuery and apply negative margin to thumbnails container, to remove gap, but I'm not sure that there won't be any bugs.

Dmitry

4. 4 Posted by victor.reyem on 07 Dec, 2012 11:31 AM

Hi Dmitry, I mail you the link where the slider can be found.

5. Dmytro Semenov closed this discussion on 07 Dec, 2012 04:16 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac