Purchased HTML version, manual integration with Wordpress

zach

19 Oct, 2012 05:05 PM

I purchased the HTML version and have been trying to manually integrate with a Wordpress site locally. I have all the necessary elements from the basic usage page setup and linked properly (scripts and CSS in the header, content in the body, scripts initializing near the end of the body), but it still isn't working. Is there something with Wordpress that prevents the HTML version of Royal Slider to be integrated with the site? If this is something that should work, I will look into it further and perhaps reply with some more details about my setup, just wanted to get a quick response if there was something in the Wordpress or Royal Slider framework that would prevent this scenario from happening.

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 20 Oct, 2012 07:09 AM

Hello,

Please send me link to page with slider that isn't working correctly and I'll tell you what's wrong with it.

Thanks,
    Dmitry

2. 2 Posted by zach on 22 Oct, 2012 02:30 PM

Since I am developing locally at this point, I can't give you the exact setup, but I recreated a similar one here: http://armoredpig.com/zh/ The page is broken in other ways, but you should be able to see the scrips being imported in the header, the test slides created inside the body, and the activation of the slider script just before the end of the body tag. I did get this setup to properly work with a regular HTML page, but just can't figure out why a similar setup in Wordpress isn't working. Thanks for your help.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 22 Oct, 2012 06:18 PM

Unfortunately, your link doesn't help at all, setup normal page and I'll tell you what's wrong.

Dmitry

4. 4 Posted by zach on 22 Oct, 2012 06:36 PM

Just a moment ago I did get it to work by changing the function call from:

jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
        $(".royalSlider").royalSlider({
            // options go here
            // as an example, enable keyboard arrows nav
            keyboardNavEnabled: true
        });  
    });

to:

$(function() { $('.royalSlider').royalSlider({

// options go here
            // as an example, enable keyboard arrows nav
            keyboardNavEnabled: true
        });

});

Anything I should know about why this is the case (for future) reference? It seems the function was being readied but was never executed. Thanks for your help!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac