Video Image Requirement

mark

23 Oct, 2012 05:06 AM

It seems that when you insert a video that the component requires an image to work. How can the slider show just the video without us having to create a dummy/fake image for every video?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 23 Oct, 2012 08:18 PM

Unfrounately, there is no such option currently. I'll take a look at code tomorrow, maybe I'll find some fix for you.

You may always modify video module to fit your needs, unminified version you can get here - http://dimsemenov.com/private

Dmitry

2. 2 Posted by mark on 23 Oct, 2012 11:28 PM

Thanks Dmitry - Anything you can do to resolve this issue would be appreciated!

Cheers, Mark.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 24 Oct, 2012 03:18 PM

It's a bit complex to do it like this and such feature requires many additional code and checks. Can you tell me why do you need this, so I may recommend other solution?

Dmitry

4. 4 Posted by mark on 24 Oct, 2012 03:22 PM

Hi Dmitry,

Our users will be able to upload photos as well as provide links/description of YouTube or Vimeo videos. The stream/slideshow will therefore be a mix of photos and videos.

I can't expect our users to create a photo for every video link they provide. What would be ideal is to show the embedded video with a play icon which then plays when clicked. This is how I thought it worked from looking at the demo and why I purchased Royal Slider rather than another component.

Make sense?

Thanks!

Mark,

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Dmitry Semenov on 24 Oct, 2012 03:27 PM

Oh, you may simply use YouTube and Vimeo API to get cover images http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2068344/how-to-get-thumbnail-of-...

Dmitry

6. 6 Posted by mark on 24 Oct, 2012 04:05 PM

Awesome - will try that. Thanks Dmitry!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac